Hello my loves!
With summer upon us we all want that look that we just came back from the beach right? Well I know I do, and since I am so fair I don't get that look, I get the lobster look. Not cute AT ALL. So I finally perfected my fake tan routine and thought it might benefit some people out there. Whether you are fair like me or just want to look bronze without having to lay out in the sun. No worries, J's got you.
First thing is go hop in the shower and shave and exfoliate!!
These two steps are very important to having your self tan look amazing.
Shaving will get rid of all the hairs while removing some dead skin, while the exfoliator will get rid of ALL the dead skin. You won't have a flake in sight girl. Now I have tried millions of exfoliators but I could never find one I liked until I walked into Ulta one day and it was like God himself was like "Jennifer if you do not buy this product I swear to me" so as the great Catholic that I am, I bought it! And girls lemme me just tell you that this has changed my whole life... It is the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in the scent Hawaiian Kukui. They have about 7 or so scents to choose from but I just like that one the best.
Then after that I just was my body normally and pat dry myself when I get out.
Whatever you do between the time where you get out the shower and when you self tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE. Don't I'm warning you. But you DO want to moisturize the dry areas of your body, like your elbows, you knees, ankles, and tops of the hands and feet. Trust me, those tend to have more dry patches than other even after you exfoliate. The self tanner tends to cling to those places and gives away that you aren't naturally tan, which we all want.
I've been around the block a thousand times with self tanners and finding the one that is right for me. I have used St. Tropez for as long as I could remember and it was amazing, but my mother, being the shopaholic that she is was late night browsing QVC and came across a new self tanner. It's called Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 week Tan.
I recommend getting a mitt that you apply the tanner with because been there done that without one and I'm never going back.. Just do it. Don't ask questions.
I just apply even pumps on my body. Meaning, if I do one arm with 3 pumps, do the other arm with 3 to make everything even. The mitt will help the application go on smoothly as well.
To keep up with my tan I do use the Hempz Touch of Summer Daily Moisturizer in Fair Skin Tones to have my tan looking glowing and natural.
* I do get spray tans too. I use the same steps up until the actual self tanner since I don't need that.
Well I hope you all enjoyed and will become beautiful bronze goddess or gods try out this tanning routine and stay out of the sun!
xx,




0 comments:
Post a Comment