J Talks: Depression

Leave a Comment
So this is a little more serious topic than what I usually post, but it needs to be addressed. Many people in the world today suffer from depression, it's a horrible feeling. The simplest everyday tasks become so hard for you to do like getting out of bed or enjoying the activities like you use to. I too suffered from depression for 3 years, so whether you are suffering or know someone who is suffering it's time to get help. I know it is easier said than done but its essential to getting better. Most people hide it ( I did the same) and tell everyone who ask if you're okay that "you're fine" or "tired"

The sad part for me was that no one noticed a difference in me, no one asked if I was alright so it just started getting worse until I fell into a deep depression. I'm not going to get into all the details about it but I just want everyone to know that it does get better with time. You will overcome it. I thought I would be depressed for the rest of my life, but then I got help from a therapist and my mother. My mother has been my biggest support system through all of this and I wouldn't be the person I am today with out her. She made me realize that it's okay to not be popular and only have 3 close friends. She told me it's okay that I stay home because I get anxiety out in public. She made sure I knew not to be a wimp and not let people walk all over me. She toughened me up and made sure I can stand on my own because once you get knocked down so many times, it's hard to get back up. No matter what I can always go and talk to my mother about how I am feeling and I can truly say she is my best friend/ biggest support system. I am finally happy with who I've become and it takes a lot to say that. I've been through hell and back but it has all been worth it and I wouldn't go back and change a thing. It's okay to be yourself, don't mold yourself to be like the people around you. You can get ideas from other people but always be you and if people aren't happy with the real you then cut them out because you don't need that negativity in your life. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always message me on tumblr (anon or not) and I'll be happy to talk to you because I know what it is like. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment